Joanie Rose <email@example.com>
REMINDER - PLEASE VOTE ASAP - VOTER GUIDE 2020 ELECTION
This Guide is intended for those residing in Maricopa County and in the specific congressional and legislative districts that are identified within the Guide.
Before you fill out your ballot, there are several things to keep in mind.
1. Ballots will be mailed on October 7 to those who have signed up for the permanent early voting list (PEVL). When you receive your ballot, fill it out right away and mail it back to the recorder’s office. Alternatively, you can bring it to one of the drop box locations in the County. Click HERE for a list of drop box locations. If you mail the ballot, DO NOT STAMP THE ENVELOPE. IT WILL BE DELAYED GETTING TO THE RECORDER’S OFFICE. Be sure to sign where indicated on the envelope.
2. If you have signed up for the permanent early voting list (PEVL), you can track your ballot by texting the word “Join” to the number 628683. You will receive text messages when your ballot is received, processed and counted.
3. It is important to mail or deliver your ballot to a drop box as soon as possible. The Recorder’s office can begin signature verification and tabulation on October 20, two weeks before the General Election. With Covid restrictions and concerns, many more people are voting by mail this year. Do not create a bottleneck at the Recorder’s office by holding on to your ballot. Mail/Deliver it right away!
4. Per Adrian Fontes, Maricopa County Recorder, the results of the mail-in ballots will be announced at 8pm on November 3rd. The results of those who voted in person at the polls that day will be available later in that evening. Ballots that are dropped off at the polls on election day will be tabulated over the following days.
1. DO NOT SKIP VOTING FOR ANY OFFICE. All are important.
2. AZ CORPORATION COMMISSION. A special case applies to the AZ Corporation commission. While there are six openings available, we are endorsing only 3 of the listed candidates. These candidates are strong advocates of renewable energy sources.
VOTER GUIDE PREPARED BY A CONCERNED CITIZEN WHO CAREFULLY VETTED CANDIDATES THAT WILL PUT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AS THEIR #1 PRIORITY
Each election is promoted as the most significant, and this year, truer words have not been spoken. Please vote early and make a difference.
Thank you! YOUR VOTE=YOUR VOICE
PRESIDENT – Biden, Joe
VICE PRESIDENT – Harris, Kamala
UNITED STATES SENATE – Kelly, Mark
UNITED STATES CONGRESS
CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 6 – Tipirneni, Hiral
CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 7 – Gallego, Ruben
CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 8 – Muscato, Michael
CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 9 – Stanton, Greg
ARIZONA STATE SENATE
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 17 – Kurdoglu, Ajlan
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 18 - Bowie, Sean
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 20 – Ervin, Doug
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 21 – Whitman, Brian
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 23 – Blattman, Seth
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 28 – Marsh, Christine
ARIZONA STATE HOUSE (VOTE FOR ONLY 1 UNLESS 2 IS NOTED)
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 15 – Dybvig-Pawelko, Kristin
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 17 – Pawlik, Jennifer
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 18 – (VOTE FOR 2) Germain, Jennifer; Epstein, Misty
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 20 – Schwiebert, Judy
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 21 – Knecht, Kathy
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 23 – Kurland, Eric
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 29 (VOTE FOR 2) – Butler, Kelli; Liberman, Aaron
ARIZONA STATE CORPORATE COMMISSION (VOTE FOR ALL 3)
MARICOPA COUNTY ASSESSOR – Connor, Aaron
MARICOPA COUNTY ATTORNEY – Gunnigle, Julie
MARICOPA COUNTY RECORDER – Fontes, Adrian
MARICOPA COUNTY SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT – Casteen, Jeanne
MARICOPA COUNTY SHERIFF – Penzone, Paul
MARICOPA COUNTY TREASURER – Toporek, Dan
MARICOPA COUNTY SUPERVISOR
DISTRICT 1 – Hodge, Jevin
DISTRICT 2 – Abboud, Deedra
DISTRICT 3 – Walker, Whitney
DISTRICT 4 – Story, Suzanne
DISTRICT 5 – Gallardo, Steve
ARIZONA COMMUNITY COLLEGE GOVERNING BOARD
AT LARGE – Dr. Thor, Linda M.
DISTRICT 1 – Smith, Jacqueline
DISTRICT 5 – Dr. Nerini, Tom
After careful vetting by experts in the legal field, the following judges up for re-election SHOULD NOT be retained as some of their decisions reflect political and personal bias – for example, removing Invest in Education from the ballot, receiving poor judicial performance reviews, rated poorly on fairness and impartiality, and disqualified healthcare initiative from the ballot. These are only a few of the reasons for the NO vote. Please vote YES for the remaining judges on your ballot.
ARIZONA SUPREME COURT
Gould, Andrew – NO
Lopez IV, John – NO
COURT OF APPEALS, CIRCUIT 1
Morse, James NO
Perkins, Jennifer NO
COURT OF APPEALS, CIRCUIT 2
Brearcliffe, Sean – NO
MARICOPA COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
Coury, Christopher A. – NO
Gentry, Jo Lynn - NO
PROPOSITIONS (kindly read remarks before voting)
PROP 207 – SMART AND SAFE ARIZONA
Proposition would allow people 21 and older to possess up to 1 ounce of marijuana.
(This is a very personal issue and the decision is strictly up to the voter.)
YES - PROP 208 – INVEST IN EDUCATION - ARIZONA SCHOOLS ARE IN DIRE NEED OF ADDITIONAL FUNDING
This Arizona Surtax will ONLY apply to certain taxpayers.
An Arizona Tax of 3.5% will be imposed on Arizona taxable income that exceeds $250,000 for single adults and $500,000 for married couples.
DON’T be misled and disregard any statements stating you will pay a higher tax on the full amount of your earnings.
YES – PROP 449 – (MARICOPA COUNTY ONLY) This is not a controversial proposition; it just needs your YES vote to continue.
Proposition 449 would continue the existing property tax (approximately $19 per $100,000 of assessed property value) to fund the Maricopa County Special Health Care District for another 20 years. This includes a public teaching hospital, the Arizona Burn center, 3 behavioral health hospitals, 12 family health centers, the McDowell Healthcare Center, and the Arizona Children’s Center.
THE FOLLOWING ENDORSEMENTS ARE FOR THOSE VOTERS RESIDING IN SCOTTSDALE.
ARIZONA STATE SENATE
ARIZONA STATE HOUSE (VOTE FOR ONLY 1)
Ortega, David “Dave”
CITY COUNCIL MEMBER (RECOMMENDED YOU VOTE FOR 2 NOT 3)
Caputi, Tammy (strongly endorse)
Little, John (strongly endorse)
SCOTTSDALE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT GOVERNING BOARD
Cieniawski, Julie (strongly endorse)
Hart-Wells, Libby (strongly endorse)
Lindsay, Zach R.
I would appreciate and encourage you to share this information with everyone.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Joanie Rose; firstname.lastname@example.org; 602-615-4830
Again, thank you for your caring and concern to make change.
Интересно, как соотносятся подобные рекомендации с законами СГА? И сколь законно рассылать их даже людям, чья почта не связана с СГА ни физически, ни по доменному имени (у меня .ws — Западное Самоа)?